There are times in a year that we invite guests to our house, and we wish to make our dishes a bit more attractive by sight. Given a little creativity, a healthy homecook vegetarian dish could be very appealing too.
I enjoy the benefits of broccoli and cauliflower and I love to extend the benefits to my guests too. Therefore I came up with this beautiful dish that is photo worthy and delicious to eat too.
My earlier post has shared the recipe of broccoli stir-fry which you may use for stir-frying broccoli and cauliflower in this dish.
Meanwhile, let me share with you the recipe of doing the tasty gravy that I prepared for the dish.
I love ginkgo nuts. It goes very well in soups and desserts, you will even find it in chawanmushi (the Japanese steamed egg). Please view the following page to know more about the benefits of consuming ginkgo nuts, please avoid excessive consumption though.
The recipe also calls for goji berry which is popular in Chinese cooking. It is lightly sweet in taste and in beautiful bright red colour. To know more about goji berry (wolfberry) in order to assess its nutritional facts, please click here.
1. Broccoli And Cauliflower Stir-fry - View Recipe
2. Olive Oil - 1tblsp
3. Ginger Slice - 2nos
4. Ginkgo - 8pcs
5. Chinese Cooking Wine - 1tblsp
6. Vegetable Soup Stock - 120ml
7. Salt - To Taste
8. Mushroom Sauce - To Taste
9. Goji Berry - 10g
10. Starch Sater (starch to water ration 1.5 : 1)
1. Heat up non-stick pan, you should feel just slight warm by placing your palm about 2 inches above the center of pan.
2. Add oil and ginger slices, fry slightly until the fragrance of ginger slices comes out, add ginkgo.
3. Use a spoon to pour in cooking wine in a circular motion to obtain the beautiful fragrance.
4. Add vegetable soup stock, bring to slow boil.
5. Season with mushroom sauce and salt to taste.
6. Thicken the gravy by gradually stir in starch water in circular motion until you obtain the desired consistency.
7. Scoop the gravy onto broccoli and cauliflower stir-fry that has been plated.
9. Serve hot.