1. Onion 115g
2. Ginger 50g
3. Sake 45g
4. Mirin 45g
5. Soy sauce 100g (For Japanese cuisine)
6. Water 100g
7. Sugar 45g
8. Chicken thigh 2 nos (Skin on)
1. Place ginger in pot, grate ginger at 3sec/ Sp8
2. Add onion, grate at 3sec/ Sp8
3. Add ingredient 3 to 7, pulverize at 20 sec/ Sp1-10
4. Cook the sauce at 12min/ V/ Sp1
5. Drain the sauce to get rid of onion and ginger
6. Keep teriyaki sauce in sterilized mason jar for later use
1. Please put on Veroma during step 4 on sauce preparation to avoid overflow of bubbling liquid.
2. Onion and ginger leftover from draining the sauce is tasty to go with rice or used for cooking other dishes.
1. How Long can we keep the sauce for future use?
Should you fill the sterilized jar, seal and let cool in room temperature before keeping in fridge, you may keep for 1 month. Alternatively, you may freeze it immediately for extended storage of 2 months. Once thaw and open, please consume within a week.
2. How to thicken the sauce? Add cornflour?
Depends on applications, you may do reduction or thickening.
For thickening, please use starch solution, starch to water ratio 1:1
3. May I use chinese wine to replace cooking sake ?
I recommend the use of cooking sake as that will result the beautiful Japanese teriyaki fragrance. You may still be able to execute the recipe by replacing the cooking sake with chinese wine, and by replacing Japanese soy sauce with Chinese soy sauce but that will not result the same flavour as suggested by this recipe.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K
Youtube: PS K