Yields 18 nos 50mm dia x 43mm ht
5nos Egg yolk
60g Salad oil
80g Fresh milk
1/2tsp Vanilla essence
100g Cake flour
5nos Egg white
90g Fine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 150°C
2. Add batter ingredients into the bowl, set 1 minute/ speed 3 butterfly
3. Scrap down sides, mix again 1 minute / speed 3 butterfly
4. Pour out to a big bowl, set aside
5. Add all meringue ingredients to pot, set 3 minutes/ speed 3.5 butterfly
6. Scoop out and fold into batter, in three batches.
7. Stop when meringue lumps disappear to achieve smooth cake batter
8. Bake 15-20 minutes. Test with cake needle to observe it comes out clean
9. Flip the cupcake upside down to cool fully on wire rack once they are out from oven for 1-2 minutes.
1. This is a tested Thermomix recipe by Pei Shuen.
2. Having a second pot for mixing is great, because pot has to be oil free to successfully whipping up the meringue
3. Some recipes call for cream of tartar – my opinion this is not needed
4. Cupcake liner size 50mm dia x 43mm ht