with Philadelphia cream cheese frosting
In one of the Christmas events I participated, I demonstrated the making of carrot cake using Thermomix. This recipe is carefully developed and tested in order to replicate my tasty carrot cake recipe.
1. Walnut 80g
2. Carrot 230g
3. Raisin 50g
4. Plain flour 160g
5. Baking soda 3/4 tsp
6. Baking powder 1/2 tsp
7. Salt 1/2 tsp
8. Cinnamon 1-1/2 tsp (ground)
9. Nutmeg 1/4 tsp (ground)
10. Egg 100g (room temperature)
11. Fine sugar 85g
12. Dark brown sugar 85g
13. Vegetable oil 120g
14. Unsalted butter 60g
1. Preheat oven to 175°C, grease baking pan.
2. Put walnut into mixing bowl, process at 2sec/ Sp8, set aside.
3. In a big bowl, sift dry ingredient 4 to 9, add walnut, stir to mix well.
4. Put carrot and raisin into mixing bowl, grate at 7sec/ Sp 5, set aside. (my preference is to process twice)
5. Add ingredient 10 to 12 into mixing bowl, mix 10sec/ Sp5
6. Scrap down the sides, add ingredient 13 to 14, mix 20sec/ Sp3.5
7. Put in carrot, raisin and ingredients in step 3, process 30sec/ Rev Sp2
8. Pour batter into baking pan, bake 35-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. Cream cheese 300g
2. Unsalted butter 70g
3. Icing sugar 270g (possible to reduce by 10%-15%)
4. Vanilla 3/4 tsp
5. Salt 1/4 tsp
6. Lemon zest 1 no
7. Lemon juice to taste
1. Add all ingredient into mixing bowl, set 10sec/ Sp3.5
2. Scrape down sides, process again at 20sec/ Sp4
3. Repeat step 2 for 10 more seconds.
4. Chill to firmer before using.