recipe by Pei Shuen
Salted egg yolk 3nos
Unsalted butter 70g
Icing sugar 30g
Plain flour 70g
Full cream milk powder 30g
Potato starch 20g
Pink salt 1pinch
Curry leaves 3pcs
Egg yolk 1no
Black sesame 1tbl (optional)
Sakura prawns 1tblsp (optional)
1. Steam salted egg yolk until fully cooked, let cool completely before use.
2. Sift all dry ingredients.
3. Roll up curry leaves, julienne as thinly as possible.
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Place butter and icing sugar in pot, set 15sec/ rev sp3
3. Add salted egg yolks to pot, set 15sec/ rev sp3
4. Add flours (ingredient 4-6) to pot, set 15sec/ rev sp3
5. Pour the dough into a bowl, fold in curry leaves.
6. Roll dough to not thicker than 5mm, cut into desired shape.
7. Bake cookies for 8-10min.
8. Egg wash the cookies. Sprinkle with black sesame and Sakura prawn as garnish.
9. Bake cookies for another 5min or until golden brown.
10. Let fully cool before packing.
You may attempt this recipe with Kenwood or Kitchenaid stand mixers too, by increasing the processing time. Omit curry leaves, black sesame and sakura prawns if you do not consume any of these.
If you are using stand mixer, please do not over beat the butter and sugar, we want it well combined but not until fluffy. If you overwork this dough, it will end up crumbly and easy to break. Have fun!
Please PM me on FB should you face any problems in getting the texture right. You may join my broadcast list to receive information about upcoming baking and cooking demo and hands-on classes, by whatsapp to 96717197.
For thermomix enquiry, my advisor ID is 00542. I will ensure the smooth sail of your wonderful cooking experience with Thermomix.